Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mother's Day

Here we are, on the brink of my first official Mother's Day. I remember last Mother's Day... I went to church with my in-laws and when they asked all the mothers to stand, my mother in law insisted that I stand because I was preggo with my little peanut. I did get a flower at that service, too, so I guess I semi have celebrated Mother's Day before.

But, this mother's day is a HECK of a lot different. I was a pseudo mom before, but now I am a real-life, full-fledge one! So, I expect it to go a little differently. Just in case my husband is reading, I would like to add a list of things that I would like for Mother's Day:

- My husband to do laundry - ALL 27 loads that need to be done on the weekends after our family gets done with a week's worth of clothes. All of the clothes folded, put away & hung in a timely manner.

- My husband to make me dinner. Good dinner served on the dinner table, not on the T.V. trays and a nice bottle of wine with dinner. The wine that I like, not the wine that he likes.

- My husband to prepare all bottles & bowls of baby food for my son. Feeding him a meal or 2 would be a plus, but as a mommy, I don't mind giving those snuggly little bottles at the end of the day.

- My husband to wake up whenever my son wakes up and be the first line of contact for him in the morning, regardless of how early it is. I would like to sleep in - undisturbed - until at least 9 am. Wouldn't that be something????

- Oh yeah, and I don't really need a gift, just my little son is gift enough, but it would be nice to use my spa gift certificate that has been sitting around unused in my drawer since JD was 2 weeks old. Maybe somehow my husband can finangle that as well.

So, in short, I would like my husband to be me for a day... and in turn... I get to spend a day as him. That's the gift I want - spend a day as my husband. What a wonderful life he leads! So, I guess if you think about it, every day for him is "Father's Day." That for sure means I should be off the hook for him this year!!!! :-) I guess that's why I say a woman's work is never done... yet... oddly enough, a man's work never seems to begin!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOMMIES OUT THERE!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a great write. I love reading your stories. This cracks me up! Just think you do all of that stuff and work FULL-TIME! Crazy! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete