Sunday, May 31, 2009

I just threw up a little in my mouth!

Oh. My. Goodness. Seriously, what a day I had yesterday. It was the day of landlording adventures... not close to the absolute disgust-ment that was Jim & Bernice, but the grossness stooped to a whole new level.

Jeremy and I went over to clean/paint/update one of the apartments in the building we own (which...as a sidenote... will someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy it???), and the day was filled with adventures as usual. We arrived to the apartment to find that on the surface it really wasn't as "bad" as I thought it would be. There had been a single guy in his late 20s ish that had lived there for the past 3 years, so you just know that it could not be good.

The flooring was atrocious and the bathtub was seriously BLACK from all the grime, and the ex-tenant was nice enough to leave his old shower curtain hanging there which had turned a weird shade of bluish gray from all of the soap scum and mildew.

But... while that did make me shudder and swear out loud as I thought about the time that we would have to get this place back up to snuff. It was not the worst.

Oh no, it gets better.

So... yours truly was going around painting the walls in the bedroom. I was preparing to paint and was taping off the walls where they met up with the carpet. All of the sudden I saw something very strange.

At first glance it looked like dried shreds of mozzarella cheese. I sat there puzzled for a minute at what exactly had made my acquaintenance....then....it hit me.... like a ton of bricks.

Toenails.

Yes, TOENAILS!!!

(puke, puke, puke)

And, when I tell you that there were seriously 3 years worth of toenail clippings in a 10-inch radius, I shit you not. Seriously, this guy must've went to the same corner of his room to clip his toenails every single freakin' time and then let them "hang out" on his floor without giving a single thought about cleaning them up.

Seriously... there were SO MANY toenails it was freakin' unbelievable.

Then, I had to vacuum them up (man, Jeremy owes me SO BIG it is not even funny) and it was all clickety-click-click-clickety-click in the vacuum cleaner as they got sucked up....

Absolutely flippin' disgusting. Yes, it is possible that one of our tenants has surpassed Jim & Bernice and taken us to a new low in our rental property adventures.

Or....perhaps maybe not... Jim & Bernice were pretty bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment