Friday, May 29, 2009

What a day!!!

Take a look at what is going on in my backyard today... there's 3 dogs out there, count 'em. But, there's only 11 legs between the 3 of them. Figure that one out! :-)

We have been charged with watching my in-laws' dog Buck for the weekend and when Buck is here, look out!! Within the first hour that he was here, he managed to use his sole front leg to dig a hole under the fence and escape our yard. Also within that first hour, 2 of the 3 dogs were covered in mud. Makes for a great start to a fun day. Once Buck was safely re-locked back in the yard, my dog Maverick (the big golden) thought it would be fun to terrorize Buck by chasing him around the yard trying to hump him (yes, my dog Maverick is a homo-dog). Then, Annie joins in the fun by chasing the two of them around the yard, barking at everything she sets her eyes on, and the games have officially begun. Then, I step out to take their picture, and they all manage to look sweet & innocent for a minute... and that's when I snapped this picture. "What? We're being SO good back here, mom. Go back inside." Ugh, the 3 of them... what a disaster!!!

I think one of the most trying things about being a mom is that you are always "on"... you are always in demand, and there is always someone needing your attention. From the second I wake up, which is never on my own and which is always according to JD's schedule, I am "on." Feed, play, diaper, nap, play, feed, diaper, feed, nap. And in between all that, squeeze my "job" at work and my "job" at home. It never ends.

Then, mixed into all this drama, I have a dog named Maverick... who LOVES me. He always wants to be RIGHT next to me, RIGHT in the way of where I'm about to step, RIGHT in between me & whatever I'm trying to grab, RIGHT outside of the bathroom door when I'm in the shower. It's mom mom mom mom mom mom mom all the time.

And, not that I don't love being a mom, not that I don't like being needed, and not that I don't love my dogs, but Good Lord, it can be is EXHAUSTING. Today is one of those days... 1 7 month old baby who is fuss, fuss, fuss today and 3 dogs that are bark, bark, bark today can really drive a girl nuts. Just needed to vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment