Friday, September 11, 2009

10 years already?!?!?

This weekend is my 10 year high school reunion, and although I can't really believe that it's been 10 WHOLE YEARS, I guess I really can believe it because high school seems LIGHT YEARS away. I mean, I can 'remember' high school of course, but really it all kind of just seems like a blur - with just little snippets of the highlights sticking out. I don't really remember day-to-day high school life, and that makes me kind of sad, but I guess I will get my chance to re-live it for a night this weekend! :-)

What DOESN'T seem like 10 years ago is the start of my college career at U of I... moving into the dorms and meeting all the girls, including one of my best friends Michelle... sauntering over to the guys' side and meeting all of them as well. Where would my life be without Chris & Ed??? :-) It blows my mind that that has also been 10 years ago. I mean, wow!

Anyway, I could type and type recalling my memories of days gone by, but I think I'll focus this blog in a little bit about the actual reunion itself. Initially speaking, I was of course going to go to the reunion... I mean, why wouldn't I? But upon further thinking, I realized (a) I can hang out with my current-life high school friends for free without spending 70 bucks to do so and (b) I already keep in contact with my true friends from high school (well the majority of them at least!).... and for all of the others, I have lovely facebook to give me up-to-the-minute-updates with what they are doing with their lives now, so.... it kind of takes the allure away of wondering who is married, who has kids, who gained weight, who has totally changed, etc. etc.

I guess when it comes right down to it, I think people as a whole either go to their reunions to (a) see or (b) be seen... and I guess I'd have to say the former appeals to me a little more right now, so I have coughed up my money, signed Jeremy and I both up for a night of fun, and will be partying like it's 1999 this weekend. I think when it comes right down to it, I am curious to see how people look, yes, but I am really curious to meet my high school classmates as adults now, instead of little teeny boppers, and see how the dynamic with our class has changed as a whole.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have some stories afterward, but for now, I'll just stick with my own story - and that story is that I am looking forward to the reunion this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment