Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Oprah update

Um...so.... I think I am on the verge of un-tivo-ing Oprah. I am so over this whole Oprah show thing, it's not even funny.

(OK, OK, so in all fairness, I would drop everything and leave in 5 minutes flat if I was given the opportunity, but that's my story & I'm sticking to it.)

So... late last night I get this email:

AKearns@harpo.com

to me
show details 9:37 PM (22 hours ago)

Hi Amy!

I'm so sorry it's so late -- I have a very last minute question for you if
you're available?

If you're around tonight, please call!

:)




And then, at 9:37pm, my friend Oprah producer Allyson emails me her phone number. :-) Aaaaaaaaaa (that's my impression of the sound of angels when the heavens open up.)

So, stupid stupid stupid me has managed to drop the ball once again. Yes, I was awake at 9:37pm last night, but do you think I checked my email??? No, why would one check her email while she was anxiously awaiting an email from the Oprah show??? That would make WAY too much sense.

Anywho, so I get this above email first thing this morning and at 7am sharp, I call ol' girl and leave here a friendly, fun, upbeat voicemail message.

And... do you think I get so much as an email back??? Ol girl can email me at 9:37 asking me to drop everything and call that night, but when I call her back, do I get so much as a flippin' pinky wave as a response?? No.

Ugh, it's getting annoying, this living on the edge of my seat waiting for "the call." Come on, O, I thought you'd do better than leaving a girl hanging like this!!!

Anyway, I previously thought this show was taping tomorrow due to some intense oprah.com research, but I think I was wrong... so... maybe I do have more time....

more time to sit....and wait.

I'll keep you posted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment