Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our first swim lesson

Wow! What a day!! JD had his very first swim lesson today and he did GREAT...well...aside from coming alarmingly close to falling asleep while he was on the kickboard, that is. He really loved the water and surprisingly, he did not mind being dunked either. I pulled out my mom suit and it was nice to see that I was not the worst mom body in the room.

Anyway, JD LOVED it. Plus, he was EXHAUSTED at the end of the half hour class. I pulled him out of the pool and we made our way to the changing table in the women's locker room so that I could unwrap the "present" JD had delivered for me in his little swimmers diaper.

While I was changing his diaper, I was talking away to my friend Ashley, and while we were standing there, some mom came up and used this little metal container that was fasted to the wall right next to the changing table. The mom came up, deposited some item into the container, it made a deep wiiirrrr-wiiirrrr-wiiiirrrr noise, and then the mom was done.

I looked at Ashley like "What was that?" and my mind heard "Trash compactor." Ahh... perfect... some sooped-up diaper destroyer that could take my soiled swimmie off my hands.

I deposited the diaper, along with a few wipes into this contraption, waited for the wiiirrr-wiiirrr-wiiirrr, and then look inside to make sure the deed was done, but surprisingly my diaper was still inside. "OK, maybe I didn't wiirr-wiirr long enough." I pressed the lid down again to allow ample time for diaper destruction, but alas.... STILL there!!!!!

I looked at Ashley and asked what was going on with our friend diaper compactor.

"Ummm.... that's for wet suits."

OH. Whoops!!!!

I had been making the YMCA swimsuit dryer contraption spin around a poopy diaper inside for cycle after cycle. What a dummy!!!!!!!! Obviously, I should've investigated the Y more thoroughly before our first swim class. After my blunder, the swim dryer had to be shut down until it could be bleached out and disinfected. Wonderful.

Anyway, word to the wise. At the Y, there is a metal contraption that DRIES SWIMSUITS and then if you look really hard, you will find a diaper genie to take that soiled swimmie off your hands. Good to know. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I am dying! That is too funny. I guess you really do learn something new everyday! LOL!

    ReplyDelete